Potential Topics

 I came currently considering ocean conspiracy theories as the topic of my research paper. I am unsure if this is too broad of a topic. If so I was considering perhaps writing about mermaids and the lost city of Atlantis or the unexplored parts of the ocean and theories people have about it, such as there being a completely different world there or all the considered dead species that could possibly still be alive that live in the deepest parts of the ocean. For the most part, I am fixated on writing about the ocean or a specific aspect of it. I am considering these as potential topics due to my fascination with the ocean. I have always really loved the ocean, but also feared it because of how vast and wide it is. There is so much we do not know about the ocean and we have only explored the surface of it. 




Comments

  1. My family used to vacation at the ocean when I was young, and I loved to walk the beach at night, especially when the moon was full, just to contemplate the scary vastness of it. So I know how you feel. There are some weird things in the ocean you could write about, such as the Baltic Sea Anomaly (which looks a bit like a crashed UFO but is probably just an oddly shaped stone carved by retreating glaciers) or the so-called Underwater Crop Circles near Japan (which turn out to be part of the elaborate courting rituals of pufferfish). All sorts of conspiracy theories grew up about those two things. For a long time, also, people did not know anything about the lives of giant squids, though their bodies sometimes washed up on shore. But recent studies using underwater cameras have begun to reveal that mystery. I think you should decide on a particular mystery of the ocean and research that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mariana Trench might be worth researching.

      Delete
    2. As I write, I am watching "My Octopus Teacher" on Netflix:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s0LTDhqe5A
      It's about a filmmaker who, emerging from a sort of depression, decides to make friends with an octopus by visiting her every day. It is like he is making friends with an alien, as even he says. It is an alien intelligence. It reminded me that there have also been a number of books on octopi as intelligent beings, such as The Soul of an Octopus and Other Minds: The Octopus, the Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness. It might make for an interesting study of true aliens in the ocean.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts